2018 Australian Kangaroo 1/2 oz Gold Coin
- Year: 2018
- Grade: Bullion
- Grade Service: None
- Denomination: $50
- Mint Mark: P – Perth Mint
- Metal Content: 0.5 troy oz
- Purity: .9999
- Thickness: 2.2 mm
- Diameter: 25.1 mm
|Quantity||Price Per Piece (SGD)|
|1 - 10||$ 950.29|
2016 Australian Kangaroo 1/2 oz Gold Coin
A limited mintage of 100,000 and changing design add collectibility to the popular Kangaroo series from Perth Mint.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Limited mintage of 100,000 coins.
- Obverse: Portrays the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Queen Elizabeth II, as well as the coin’s monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features two kangaroos bounding across a stylized rural landscape. Also included is the year of issue, weight and purity of the coin.
- Guaranteed by The Perth Mint.
The Gold Kangaroo series was originally the Gold Nugget series minted by the Perth Mint, beginning in 1986. The reverse images featured various Gold Nuggets from 1986 to 1989, until the design was changed in 1989 to feature the kangaroo, which was more symbolic of Australia. Minted in denominations of 1/20 oz, 1/10 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/2 oz, 1 oz and 1 kilo sizes, these coins have legal tender status in Australia. A significant appeal for collectors is the fact that the designs of these beautiful coins change each year, differentiating them from many other popular Gold sovereign coins.