2018 Swarovski Crystal Birthstones June 1/4 oz Silver Coin
– Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
– Comes in a mint-issued maroon clamshell box with a certificate of authenticity.
– Limited mintage of 4,000.
– Obverse: Displays the likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
– Reverse: Features a colorful artistic lotus symbol with a large Swarovski® crystal representing the birthstone month.
– Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
This stunning monthly series combines complex engraving, selective color and a gem-toned crystal for a sparkling celebration of each birth month. Each coin features a genuine Swarovski® crystal that represents each month’s birthstone and its color.
Like a kaleidoscope of ornate shapes and patterns, the mandala is a spellbinding representation of symmetry, harmony and unity. Art, astronomy and geometry intersect in the monthly Birthstone Series, which features a colorful henna-inspired motif and a Swarovski® crystal that adds vibrant symbolism to this birthday celebration.
The reverse by Pandora Young presents a cross-cultural celebration inspired by the ancient tradition of Indian mehndi. A symmetrical arrangement of highly ornate shapes and symbols form a 12-point radial pattern that reflects the calendar year. A prominent henna motif, the lotus, is among the finely detailed elements that emanate from the center, where a colorful Swarovski® crystal represents the June birthstone, pearl. A selective application of color complements the stone, while the playful contrast between soft and vivid tones highlights the layered complexity of the engraved artistry. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.