Fine Silver Coin – Geometry in Art: MAPLE LEAF – Mintage: 7,500 (2016)
Only 1 left in stock
Basking in the golden glow of a fading sunset, an autumn landscape provides the perfect natural setting to showcase the most recognizable Canadian emblem of all: the mighty maple leaf. In keeping with the low poly art style, individual polygons come together to form the trees, while the use of bold colour variants conveys the colourful splendour of the fall foliage as two maple leaves fall gently onto the river’s surface.
• STILL AVAILABLE AS PART OF A SUBSCRIPTION! This series has proven to be popular as demonstrated by the limited availability of the entire subscription. If you like this coin, you will enjoy all the other coins in the subscription! Subscribe today before its gone!
• EACH POLYGON IS DISTINCT: Each polygon is made distinct from the other through extraordinary sculpting, cutting-edge technology and advanced finishing techniques, while the application of bold colour adds vibrancy and alters our perception of dimension and light.
• A fresh, modern take on Canada’s timeless icons: The fifth and final coin in the inventive five coin Geometry in Art series, which reinterprets familiar Canadian emblems—the polar bear, the beaver, the caribou, the loon and the maple leaf—in a low poly art style.
• CUTTING-EDGE TECHNIQUES FOR A DIMENSIONAL DESIGN: Showcases our exceptional level of craftsmanship and innovative artistic vision!
• UNIQUE USE OF LOW POLY ART: Breathtaking use of colour: In keeping with the low poly art style, lustrous colours contribute to the perception of depth and shadows; exceptional engraving, relief and the application of different finishing techniques add distinctiveness to the polygon shapes that form the stylized image of two engraved maple leaves.
• An unforgettable addition to your collection—especially those with a wildlife, nature or Canadiana theme, or any that include the beloved symbols that have come to represent this land and its people.
• 99.99% PURE SILVER! Crafted in 99.99% pure silver, your coin is GST/HST exempt!
About the Design:
Designed by Canadian artist Calder Moore, your coin features an artistic representation of a Canadian forest in autumn, which provides a natural setting for Canada’s most famous emblem: the maple leaf. Geometry, technology and art intersect as the entirety of the image is presented in a low poly art style, with multiple polygon shapes coming together to form the mix of coniferous and deciduous trees on both sides of the river. A rich colour gradient in the background recreates the fading sunset as it casts a golden glow on the fall foliage, while the use of rich colour variants throughout the landscape alters our perception of shadow and light. The eye is naturally drawn to the two engraved maple leaves in the foreground, where extraordinary sculpting, cutting-edge technology and advanced finishing techniques showcase the individual polygons within each form. The geometric lines and corners lend themselves beautifully to recreating the maple leaf’s stem and serrated edges, as a gentle breeze brings both leaves tumbling onto the water’s surface to float above the rocky riverbed.